MPA is excited to bring the 2018 Minnesota Percussion Association Day of Percussion to the world-class facilities at Ted Mann Concert Hall and Ferguson Hall at the University of Minnesota on, from !
Special thanks to the University of Minnesota's School of Music, Marching Band, and percussion department, under the leadership of Fernando Meza, for their support of the 2018 Day of Percussion! And a huge thanks to MacPhail Center for Music and the Percussive Arts Society Minnesota Chapter for their support, along with all the corporate sponsors who are helping to make this event possible!
The 2018 Day of Percussion will feature:
- 22 clinics on marching, concert, and world percussion
- Performances from:
- Thomas Lang (world-famous drum set artist)
- Roger Carter (Bluecoats Drum Corps and Broken City Percussion batterie caption head)
- Sumunar Gamelan Ensemble
- Pan-handlers Steel Drum Band
- MPA Student Leadership Team Drumline
- A raffle drawing for various donations received from corporate and local sponsors
Registration for the event will start at 8 a.m. Members of current MPA member ensembles get free admission.
Lunch will be available for purchase in the afternoon. A full meal (Subway sandwich, chips, cookie and a drink) will be $7. Sticks, mallets, drum pads, and other accessories will be on sale.
Check out videos of three of our concert acts: Thomas Lang, Roger Carter, and Matra.